News

Breaking: Fire Guts Shasha Market


A section of the Shasha Market in Oba ile Akure,Ondo State has been gutted by fire, money and property worth millions of naira was consumed by the inferno.

The affected part of the market was a shanties built with iron sheets serving as temporal resident to some people of the community.

While speaking with PATH correspondent, the Sarkin of Shasha Market, Alhaji Ibrahim Shehu Abudullahi said the inferno might have been caused probably by any of the resident cooking inside the shanties.

In his words, ” This is dry season, we all know how fire operate if care is not taken. Though, we can’t ascertain what led to the fire outbreak but some of the residents of the shanties might be cooking inside which could lead to the fire”.

The Sarkin Shasha said the fire incident is the third times such outbreak will destroyed goods and property worth millions of naira in the market with no assistance coming from the government.

He frowned at the lackadaisical attitude of the state fire service in reacting to emergency, adding that the shanties would have been saved if the fire service swings to action immediately the case was reported to them.

” I was at the Fire Service to informed them of fire outbreak in Shasha Market but to my amazement, I was told that there is no water. Had it been they acted immediately I reported, goods and property would have been saved”

He said before the coming of the Federal Fire Service, the whole place has been reduced to nothing. ” The police were at the scene to ascertain level of damages, no government officials came to sympathized with us”.

Alhaji Abdullahi said to prevent future calamity, the community is planning to build a mini fire station and acquire water tanker that will be on alert always.

He called on government to always come to their aids in time like this, saying the community will appreciate government intervention and assistance to ameliorate the pains of victims.

Sarkin cautioned everybody to be extra careful at this period to forestall future occurrence.

Meanwhile, the Secretary of the community, Alhaji Aminu Jubril thanked God that no life was loss in the fire outbreak.

He recounted that, the incident happened when everybody went for prayer. ” We all went for prayer and come back to discover that the shanties have been gutted by fire”.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button